What kind of images comes to mind when you think back to your childhood? What kind of school did you attend? What did your classrooms look like? Schoolrooms and lecture halls in the United States have looked pretty much the same for generations. It doesn’t matter if you grew up in the 1940s or the 1990s, the layouts have never really changed.
Cue in the digital age. We now do our banking online, we’ve discarded paper maps in favor of GPS navigation, and can download entire books in a moment’s time. Since the internet has made so many tasks so much more convenient, does it make sense to extend those advantages to schooling?
Turns out, there are a lot of benefits to learning through a virtual classroom.
While attending classes online may seem too modern for some, keep in mind that many of the elements of traditional learning still apply but with a convenient twist. Students attend live lectures, but can do it via webcam and can talk to their teachers through a microphone. When fellow students participate in class, they can be seen through the computer screen as well. Students still read books, do homework, and submit papers. Not only do students get an equivalent education, but virtual classrooms also offer so much more as you will see below.
What Are the Advantages of Virtual a Classroom?
- Provides options. Some parents approve of the schools in their district. For those who don’t, the alternative has traditionally been to enroll their kids in expensive private schools. Virtual classrooms provide families with yet another, more viable option.
- Access coursework from anywhere at any time. Sometimes, no matter how meticulously you plan your time, life happens. Working late, last-minute meetings, running errands or traffic delays. No problem. Virtual classrooms allow students to access everything they need at any time, from anywhere.
- Stability. Accessing coursework from anywhere is not only beneficial when unexpected situations occur. This advantage provides a stable learning environment for students in military families, or whose parents receive a job transfer, or for families who move frequently for any reason. Instead of switching schools in the middle of a semester, virtual classrooms allow students to continue their education with the same instructors and the same classmates.
- Increased productivity. While going to and from a brick-and-mortar classroom has its advantages, weather, traffic, construction, or accidents can turn a regular commute into a nightmare. Being able to login to classes online and view assigned course work means that students can avoid the stress that can come with commuting and focus on learning.
- Flexibility. Learning schedules can be tailored to help manage the busy agendas of children who are involved in sports or other extracurricular activities or for those who have a medical condition that keeps them out of school.
- Students learn independently. Some students learn quickly. Others need additional time to fully absorb a concept. Virtual classrooms allow students to take their or move quickly time while working on subjects.
- Allow parents to closely monitor their child’s progress. Parent/Teacher conferences in traditional schools are an excellent way for parents to stay involved in their child’s education. However, virtual classrooms offer the benefit of access to this information when it’s convenient for you, even at 11p.m. from your kitchen table.
- Keep children safe. Bullying is much more than a buzzword. It’s a very real problem that often results in poor school performance, depression, anxiety, and long-lasting effects on a child’s self-esteem and mental health. If a student is facing bullying at school, virtual classrooms offer a safe alternative for them to continue their education.
Let us find the educational program that will best help your child
At ResponsiveEdⓇ, we understand that every child has the opportunity to thrive when their learning environment caters to their individual needs. School should be an environment where each student is encouraged to learn and where their achievements are celebrated. That’s why at ResponsiveEd, we are proud to offer the benefits of virtual classrooms. Give your child the tools they need to succeed in life. Contact us to find out more about our programs. You can fill out our online form here or call us at 844-860-9090.